Tuesday, July 12, 2011

progress...

First, I'd like to thank the lovely folks at the Rio Rancho Artist Association for inviting me to give a presentation.  We had a good time!

almost finished quilting Synapse.
this is it prior to quilting- silk and wool fibers were lightly felted to some handwoven Thai silk purchased
from Luana Rubin at equilter.


here it is on the machine- lots of sewing on this one!

The base fabric has an interesting story- several years ago, EQuilter posted several colors of the silk for sale.  I immediately bought one yard of each color, and am glad I did, since it was sold out in a few days.
I immediately made Xylem from the brilliant yellow/orange-
It sold quickly from my Etsy store.
Next came Urchin, which went to several shows and now belongs to a lovely lady in California.
There's something to be said about hand woven material- it really speaks to me, and I enjoy using it every time.

2 comments:

  1. Synapse is beautiful - love the felted wool great texture/color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful I don't even know what to say! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete